[Insight-users] loading a dataset correctly

Mark Wyszomierski markww at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:48:53 EST 2007

Hi Dan,

I haven't used any of the itk classes for about a year - I'm just not
sure how the orientation class would be used here - I thought I need
to first load all my images into a 1D volume array, then apply the
filter to it? (if that's not right, please let me know). If it is,
here's my problem - say I have the following two studies:

instance #1 @ superior 50
instance #2 @ superior 10
instance #3 @ inferior -20

now I understand this means the scanner captured from head to foot.
Now I have this other case like:

instance #1 @ inferior -30
instance #2 @ inferior -15
instance #3 @ superior 18

and this should be captured foot to head. If I have to stuff these
images into a 1D volume array to be used with the ITK orientation
filter, at which 'slot' do I put instance #1 in the head to foot case,
and the same for the foot to head case?

Or is it setup to work so that I can just blindly load the images
ordered by instance number directly into the 1D array, give it the
actual orientation, and it will really be able to figure out the right
reshuffling?

I imagine I have to put them in the right order to begin with (ie. in
the head to foot case, instance #1 would go in the 'back', in the foot
to head case, instance #1 would go in the 'front').

Sorry for my confusion!

Thanks for your help,
Mark