[Insight-users] How to extract volume mask from a point set?

Deliang Ye ydeliang at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 13:58:33 EST 2007

Dear insight-users:

I got a point set that distribute on a close concave surface. The points are randomly scattered, but we can make them by some order if necessary. Currently, we got the point set is densely distributed. Considering speed, we may plan to get non-dense point set in the future. It is a preprocessing step to extract the volume mask. Could I extract the volume that is included in the close surface? Does ITK offer any facility to do this?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Deliang