[Insight-users] GDCM

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Mar 8 15:02:40 EST 2007

Lyubomir Zagorchev wrote:
> Why gdcmDataEntry.cxx and gdcmDataEntry.h from Gdcm are not in the
> Gdcm version in ITK?

Hi Lyubomir,

   Short version: because ITK is using gdcm 1.2.3, whereas the file you
are referring to are from gdcm 1.4.x and up.
   Long version: gdcm 1.4.x is not backward compatible with gdcm 1.2.x
thus we cannot update easily to a newer gdcm version. I have been able
to backport most of new functionalities from gdcm cvs back to gdcm 1.2
without breaking API. What functionality are you missing ?

Thanks,
-Mathieu