[Insight-users] Can you help me? (about affine transform)

Goo gtshowtime at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 11:18:09 EST 2007

Hi Minjie ,

I am trying to modify ImageRegistration9.cxx in ITK example.
For my demand,I want to reach a 3D affine registration based on MI and
multi-resolution.
Through keyword searching I found your question that is the same as me.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2007-February/021083.html
But it is not smoothing for my result.
The same as you, the MI metric is modified at first.
My modified code is appeared as below:

(1) add include file to support MI metric:
#include "itkMattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.h"

(2) replace MeanSquareImageToImageMetric using
  typedef itk::MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric<
                                          FixedImageType,
                                          MovingImageType >    MetricType;

(3) add MI metric configuration
  metric->SetNumberOfHistogramBins( 125 );
  metric->SetNumberOfSpatialSamples( 20000 );
  metric->ReinitializeSeed( 76926294 );

(4) set optimizer to Maxima MI:
optimizer->MaximizeOn();

Can you give me some suggestion or share your code with me?

Regards.