[Insight-users] VNL Thread Safety

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Mar 14 07:22:32 EST 2007

Hi Don,

Before releasing ITK 3.0, we performed a review of methods in VNL for
making them thread safe. Most of the offending code was the result of
the options used for translating Fortran code into C using f2c.

At this point we would expect the VNL version in ITK to be thread-safe,
but there is always the chance that some classes may not satisfy this
requirement.

If you have identified *specific* VNL classes that are not thread-safe,
please let us know so that we can work with VXL developers in order
to fix them.