[Insight-users] debugging Itk code

Xavier Mellado Esteban xavier.mellado at upf.edu
Thu Mar 15 08:31:00 EST 2007

   Hello:

   Yes. You need to build two times ITK, one in Release mode and another
one in Debug mode, and link your executable/class with them depending on
the mode you want.

   As far as I know, CMake doesn't allow you to link release with debug
libraries or gcc with intel compiler (for example), so for each
combination, you need to build ITK again.

               I hope this helps you:
                                                       Xavi

Felix Bollenbeck escribió:
> hi all,
> im trying to debug itk code in kdevelop. therefore i set the build target
>
> in CMakeLists.txt:
>
> SET(CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debug)
>
> in CMakeCache.txt:
>
> CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING='-g'
>
> buildig:
>
> Warning: CMake is forcing CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG to "" to match that
> imported from ITK. If this message appears for more than one imported
> project, you have conflicting options and will have to re-build one of
> those projects.
>
> I therefore cant debug the program. Do i have to re-build the whole
> library for debugging?
>
> cheers,
>
> felix.

Xavier Mellado Esteban