[Insight-users] Debuging error : Read the FAQ

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Mar 15 14:18:07 EST 2007

Hi Alireza,

This is a common user mistake. You will find details on
the ITK FAQ:

                    http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ

Here are several options:

1)  You could copy ITKCommon.dll in the same directory
      where you have the executable of the HelloWorld

OR

2) You could add to the PATH environment variable the
   directory where you have the ITKCommon.dll file

   See the FAQ for details.
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_FAQ#How_to_set_Windows_DLL.27s_on_the_Path

OR

3) You could rebuild ITK using STATIC libraries instead of SHARED
    libraries. In general, the only good reason for using SHARED
    libraries in ITK is when you build the wrapping for Python, Tcl
    or Java. If you take this option, please make sure that you
    first destroy the previous binary build. Otherwise you will end up
    with a mixture of static and shared libaries.