[Insight-users] URGENT: How to do windowing in ITK? (Hamming, Hanning, etc)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Mar 15 20:12:18 EST 2007

Hi Ali,

There are no classes in ITK for applying spatial intensity
windows to images.

If you are interested in writing such classes, you may
find useful to read the tutorial on how to write ITK filter:

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/images/b/bc/Insight-Writing-a-New-Filter.ppt

from the ITK Advanced course:

http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/images/b/bc/Insight-Writing-a-New-Filter.ppt

When you implement your GenerateData() method you simply
need to convert indices into physical points and then use them
as arguments to your Hamming (or other ) Window.

If you implement these classes, it will be great to submit them
to the Insight Journal, so they can be added to the ITK Toolkit
in a future release.

For more information on the Insight Journal and its role in ITK,
please look at :

http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK_Procedure_for_Contributing_New_Classes_and_Algorithms