[Insight-users] setting fixedpointset

tony hakki tony2007vtk at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 17 06:54:43 EST 2007

hello;
I tried to implement pointsetToImageRegistration.  in existing example  fixed pointset is created by user. But I have also a mesh. I would like to use that mesh as a fixed point set. To do that I have to modify the following part of the existing example.  I have tried a several ways but I couldn't achieve . what should i use instead of fixedImage .Well, I use  the variable of mesh (which I try to use as fixedpointset) instead of  fixedPointSet. But What about the variable of fixedImage. I hope it is clear to understand

Thanks a lot
Tony

//-----------------------------------------------------------
// Create the point set and load it with data by sampling
// the fixed image
//-----------------------------------------------------------
typedef itk::PointSet< float, 2 > FixedPointSetType;
FixedPointSetType::Pointer fixedPointSet = FixedPointSetType::New();
const unsigned int numberOfPoints = 10000;
fixedPointSet->SetPointData( FixedPointSetType::PointDataContainer::New() );
fixedPointSet->GetPoints()->Reserve( numberOfPoints );
fixedPointSet->GetPointData()->Reserve( numberOfPoints );
typedef itk::ImageRegionConstIterator< FixedImageType > ImageIteratorType;
ImageIteratorType it( fixedImage, fixedImage->GetBufferedRegion() );
const unsigned int skip =
fixedImage->GetBufferedRegion().GetNumberOfPixels() / numberOfPoints;
unsigned int counter = 0;
FixedPointSetType::PointIdentifier pointId = 0;
FixedPointSetType::PointType point;
it.GoToBegin();
while( !it.IsAtEnd() )
{
if( counter==0 )
{
fixedImage->TransformIndexToPhysicalPoint( it.GetIndex(), point );
fixedPointSet->SetPoint( pointId, point );
fixedPointSet->SetPointData( pointId, it.Get() );
++pointId;
if( pointId == numberOfPoints )
{
break;