[Insight-users] ResampleImageFilter

Ranjan, Sohan (GE, Research) sohan.ranjan at ge.com
Thu Mar 22 05:59:30 EST 2007

Hi Folks.

Currently I find my resampling using the ResampleImageFilter to be
pretty slow.

As I understand, the ResampleImageFilter makes call to the
TransformPoint
method at every point. Is it really needed? Essentially, one needs to
make call
only once with input vector elements being the spacings. The result
would give
deformation at every point. Based on this, even the resampling may be
speeded
up because, say for example in linear registration, the co-efficients
need to be
computed only once. Am I right? If so, Is it already implmented and I am
out of
luck?

Sohan Ranjan