[Insight-users] comparing test images

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Fri Mar 23 13:09:27 EST 2007

Hi Darby,

You may want to look at the code of:

      Insight/Code/Common/itkTestMain.h

That uses the itkDifferenceImageFilter.

These code compares two images and allows you
to specify some level of tolerances in term of:

  1) How far to look for similar pixels
  2) How much intensity differences can be tolerated
  3) How many different pixels can be tolerated.

You may also find interesting to look at the code
of the ImageCompare.cxx file in

            Insight/Testing/Code/IO

This is the program that we use for validating
images in submissions the the Insight Journal.