[Insight-users] Re: error when Building InsightApplication

Wes Turner wes.turner at kitware.com
Tue Mar 27 08:09:42 EST 2007

Alizera,

I believe a fix for the long path problem may have been checked into the
CMake CVS repository.  (I know a fix for some long path problems has been
checked in, I am not certain if it will fix your specific issue.)  If you
want to download and build your own version of CMake, it might be worth
testing it against your original paths.

- Wes

On 3/25/07, Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com> wrote:

> Hi Alireza,
>

> Thanks for letting us know that changing the length
> of the path were you were building InsightApplications,
> did solved the problem.
>
> It is unfortunate the Visual Studio has the annoying
> property of truncating paths without giving any helpful
> warning.
>

>     Regards,
>

>        Luis
>

> ------------------------
> Alireza Salamy wrote:
> > Hi Luis,
> > now it works.I simply change the path to the path that you
> > recommend(c:\insightApplication) and I build it .
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > */Luis Ibanez <luis.ibanez at kitware.com>/* wrote:
> >

> >     Hi Alireza,
> >

> >     The following email from the CMake list archives:
> >
> >     http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2006-November/011847.html
> >
> >     seems to relate to the problem that you are reporting.
> >

> >     One of the potential suspects is the length of the path
> >     where you are attempting to build InsightApplications.
> >
> >     Your current path is:
> >
> >     c:/Documents and Settings/Alireza/
> >     Desktop/Segmentation of Tumors in MRI/
> >     InsightApplications-3.2.0/Applicationb
> >

> >     Could you please try using a shorter path ?
> >

> >     For example, something like just:
> >

> >     c:/InsightApplications/
> >

> >     Please let us know what you find after
> >     using a shorter path.
> >

> >     Thanks
> >

> >     Luis
> >

> >     -----------------------
> >     Alireza Salamy wrote:
> >      > Hi again Luis,
> >      > sorry for disturbing but I haven't received my response Although
> >     I sent
> >      > the cmakecatch.txt.Please give me some hint to let me remove the
> >     problem.
> >      > thanks alot for your attention and help.
> >      > Alireza
> >      >
> >      > */Luis Ibanez /* wrote:
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > Hi Alireza,
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > What version of CMake are you using ?
> >      >
> >      > Please send us the CMakeCache.txt file that
> >      > CMake generated in the binary directory where
> >      > you are trying to build InsightApplications.
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > Thanks
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > Luis
> >      >
> >      >
> >      >
> >      > ----------------------
> >      > Alireza Salamy wrote:
> >      > > Dear Luis,
> >      > > Unfortunatly this error occur when I try to build.I use visual
> >      > Studio
> >      > > 2005(Version 8).this is the steps:
> [...]

Wesley D. Turner, Ph.D.
Kitware, Inc.