[Insight-users] How to implement to only rotate images in the

Elena Pavlovskaia elena.pavlovskaia at otismed.com
Tue Mar 27 11:28:10 EST 2007

Hello Luis, ÒÂÎÄÎÄ,

> setting the optimizer scaling values in such a  way that
> translations will be insignificant

This is what I did with Rigid3DTransform and where I got to a problem
reported in

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2007-February/020926.html
(RegularStepGradientDescentBaseOptimizer::AdvanceOneStep problem)

In my case the images where pretty well aligned along the translation
component. The chances of getting a gradient with almost zero translation
components were very high. When that happened, my image jumped A LOT along
the rotation component. Later the RegularStepGradientDescentBaseOptimizer
converged to a wrong local minimum.

Since then I use the fix suggested in the same posting, and it works fine.

Elena

-------------
Luis wrote:

Hi ÒÂÎÄÎÄ

There is not an equivalent of a rotation-only
Transform for 2D in ITK.

You could get a similar effect by using the
itkRigid2DTransform.txx and setting the
optimizer scaling values in such a  way that
translations will be insignificant.

You can also write your own 2D rotation-only
Transform by deriving from the itkRigid2DTransform
and overloading the GetParameters() and SetParameters()
methods.

----