[Insight-users] which registration method do you recommend

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Mar 27 17:02:17 EST 2007

Hi Alireza,

You are dealing with at 2D / 3D registration problem.

Here is one possible way to address it:

1) Segment the fiducial from your preoperative MRI image.
    Generate with them a list of point coordinates (x,y,z).
    Load those coordinates into an itkPointSet.

2) Segment the black&white patters from the 2D video image
    Load those coordinates into an itkPointSet.

3) Use the itkRigid3DPerspectiveTransform.h along with the
    PointSetToPointSetRegistration framework that is described
    in the Examples:

       Insight/Examples/Patented/
                  IterativeClosestPoint1.cxx
                  IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx