[Insight-users] Is it acceptive to set seeds outside of region of interest in Geodesic Active Contour Level Set?

Goo gtshowtime at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 12:44:01 EST 2007

Hi all:
I intend using Geodesic Active Contour Level Set to segment tissue.
It's common using fast marching as initialization mechanism in ITK level set
methods.
However, I doubted of the feasibility if the seeds are outside of the region
to segment.
For this reason, there are two questions in here.

(1) Can I set seeds that are outside of region I want to segment?
(2) Whether such methods that using level set without fast marching or
without requirement to give seeds.

Regards.