[Insight-users] Python ITK AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter

Erik Anderson eranders at sci.utah.edu
Wed Mar 28 15:46:38 EST 2007

Hi all,
    Something seems to be amiss with the implementation of the
AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter in Python.  I am currently running
WrapITK with ITK 3.1  When I use filters in my environment I typically
construct them as follows:

inType = itk.Image[itk.US, 2]
outType = itk.Image[itk.US,2]

filter = itk.ITK_GENERIC_FILTER[inType, outType].New()

This gives me an instance of the filter.  if ITK_GENERIC_FILTER is a
RegionOfInterestImageFilter (for example), calling:

dir(filter)

contains as the last entry:

 <class
'itkRegionOfInterestImageFilter.itkRegionOfInterestImageFilterIUS2IUS2_PointerPtr'>

Which, as far as I can tell is correct.  Filters that operate in this
way have not caused any problem whatsoever and have behaved as
expected.  However, if ITK_GENERIC_FILTER is
AnisotropicDiffusionImageFilter, the same operations give me:

<class 'ITKCommonBase.itkObject_PointerPtr'>

This is preventing me from any real interaction with this specific
filter as all methods associated with it are unbound until you call the
New method.  Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with the wrapper?

Thanks a lot,
Erik