[Insight-users] 3D Registration using my own data (.raw and .mha files)

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue May 1 18:57:55 EDT 2007

Hi Lars,

What is the size (in pixels) of the images:

           1)  N492_MRT1.mha  ?

           2)  N492_MRA.mha   ?

Also, note that you are passing insufficient arguments to this
program, and that two of the arguments that you are passing are
PNG image filenames, where a format capable of storing 3D image
is expected.

        PNG can only store 2D images.

The arguments that this program expects are:

     1) Fixed image (in a 3D file format)
     2) Moving image (in a 3D file format)
     3) Filename for the output resampled
        registered moving image (in a 3D file format)
     3) Filename for the difference between
        fixed image and moving image Before
        registration (in a 3D file format)
     4) Filename for the difference between
        fixed image and moving image After
        registration (in a 3D file format)
     5) Filename for 1 slice of the difference
        between fixed image and moving image
        Before registration (in a 2D file format)
     6) Filename for 1 slice of the difference
        between fixed image and moving image
        After registration (in a 2D file format)

According to your email, you are missing the argument (3),
and you are passing wrong file formats for (what should have
been) arguments (4) and (5).

A correct command line should look like:

     ImageRegistration8
       fixedImage.mhd
       movingImage.mhd
       registeredMovingImage.mhd
       differenceBefore.mhd
       differenceAfter.mhd
       sliceDifferenceBefore.png
       sliceDifferenceAfter.png

Please read the description of this example in the
ITK Software Guide:

       http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the "Image Registration" chapter.

You will also find a list of the fileformats supported
in ITK in the Chapter "Reading and Writing Images" in
the ITK Software Guide.