[Insight-users] Amoeba produces a non-orthogonal rotation matrix

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Thu May 3 14:02:43 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 09:52 -0400, Kevin H. Hobbs wrote:
> I've used the attached code in the past to register images based on the
> region where I expect them to overlap. Now it produces an error message
> and quits after the first registration step.

It looks like a test was added in CVS since I last used this code to
check if the rotation matrix could be used.

> I set the initial step size around line 246. How should I set the step
> so that it won't produce an invalid matrix?

I changed from Rigid3DTransform to Euler3DTransform which avoids setting
the matrix from the optimizer and instead sets the angles. It should be
more efficient anyway with 6 instead of 12 parameters.