[Insight-users] Statistics: Find out coefficient of affine transform

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun May 6 12:25:01 EDT 2007

Hi Mathieu,

You may want to try the KalmanLinearEstimator.

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1KalmanLinearEstimator.html

Your estimator will be the vector [a,b],

and your measures will be the vector [1,Y]

The Kalman Linear Estimator should converge to the vector [a,b] that
minimizes the sum of squared errors between X and (a+bY).

For an example, you may want to look at:

     Insight/Testing/Code/Algorithms/
          itkKalmanLinearEstimatorTest.cxx