[Insight-users] Using ITK in Mac OS X

Gang Cheng gcheng at steele.mgh.harvard.edu
Mon May 7 15:13:12 EDT 2007

Hi, everyone,

I have successfully installed ITK 3.2.0 in a Mac running 10.4.9. The
HelloWorld test program also went through
without any problem. But when I tried to run the
DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter code directly copied from
the Insight/Examples/Filtering directory (no changes made to the source
code), ³make² returns the following error:

[gcheng:time-lapse/My-InsightProjects/DanielssonMap] gcheng% make
Linking CXX executable DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
itk::ImageIOBase::SetNumberOfDimensions(unsigned int)
itk::ImageIOFactory::CreateImageIO(char const*,
itk::ImageIOFactory::FileModeType)
itk::operator<<(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&,
itk::ImageIORegion const&)
itk::ImageIOBase::GetImageSizeInBytes() const
itk::ImageIOBase::GetComponentTypeAsString(itk::ImageIOBase::IOComponentType
) const
typeinfo for itk::ImageIOBase
vtable for itk::ImageIORegion
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/DanielssonDistanceMapImageFilter.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
[gcheng:time-lapse/My-InsightProjects/DanielssonMap] gcheng%

Does anyone have any idea about I may fix this?

Thanks!

Gang Cheng, PhD
Research Fellow
Edwin L. Steele Laboratory of Tumor Biology
Massachusetts General Hospital
Harvard Medical School
149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129
Tel: (617)726-6426
Fax: (617)726-1962
http://steele.mgh.harvard.edu

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.