[Insight-users] Problems in building InsightApplications

Niranjan Joshi njoshi at robots.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 10 10:25:34 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have been trying to build InsightApplications on a Windows machine
with VC++ and getting following problems (mainly related with FLTK).

InsightApplications version 2.8.1
FLTK version 1.1.7
ITK version 2.8.1
VTK version 5.0.3

1. If I use "visualnet" folder in FLTK to build it, whenever I build
InsightApplications (mainly SNAP), there are
linking errors related with JPEG and PNG libraries:
InsightSNAP error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
_jpeg_read_scanlines referenced in function "public: __thiscall
Fl_JPEG_Image::Fl_JPEG_Image(char const *)" (??0Fl_JPEG_Image@@QAE at PBD@Z)

There are many such errors, I am just providing one as an example.

2. If I use CMAKE to build FLTK (in which case I can turn off the JPEG
and PNG library flags), I get the following
problem:

In this case applications build properly but while running the
executable, it gives the following error and program crashes:

Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved
across a function call.  This is usually a result
of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a
function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

any ideas about what is going wrong?

thanks a lot for your help.

Niranjan.