[Insight-users] Retrieving coordinates of nodes in mesh

Catherine Peloquin cepeloquin at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:40:45 EDT 2007

I would like retrieve the x, y, and z coordinates of nodes of the isosurface
mesh generated by the BinaryMask3DMeshSource in the example located in
Insight/Examples/Filtering/SurfaceExtraction.cxx.

In answer to the question located at
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2003-September/004932.html,
it was suggested that one could retrieve data points from a PointSet by
using an iterator like that in
Insight/Examples/DataRepresentation/Mesh/PointSet2.cxx.  The relevant part
of that code is shown below:

  PointsIterator  pointIterator = points->Begin();
  PointsIterator end = points->End();
  while( pointIterator != end )
    {
    PointType p = pointIterator.Value();   // access the point
    std::cout << p << std::endl;           // print the point
    ++pointIterator;                       // advance to next point
    }
    std::cout<< "End of points iterator" << std::endl;

My question is how do I modify this to retrieve points located in the mesh?
It seems like pointIterator and end can remain as they are, but points was
set by insterting values and I cannot figure out what the corresponding
variable would be for the mesh.

Thank you for you assistance,
Catherine