[Insight-users] computing MattesMutualInformation on full images

Lilla Zollei lillazollei at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 14:02:20 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to add a code segment to a 2D pairwise
registration code that would compute MI on the full
images. I am using CenteredRigid2DTransform and
MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric and I
believe I am not initializing the metric correctly as
I always get an error at the GetValue statement. Now
that I set the FixedImageRegion, I get a bizarre error
that complains about a BSplines problem when I am not
even using such a warp....Can you help?

BTW, the image region is:

ImageRegion (0x7498d8)
  Dimension: 2
  Index: [0, 0]
  Size: [1313, 1313]

and the transformation parameters are:
[-0.000147353, 0, 0, 0.00934701, 0.0151205]

So these both seem to be reasonable.

Thanks, Lilla

EvaluationMetricType::Pointer eval_metric =
EvaluationMetricType::New();

eval_metric->UseAllPixelsOn();
eval_metric->SetNumberOfHistogramBins( 64 );
eval_metric->SetFixedImage( m_fixed );
eval_metric->SetMovingImage(m_moving);
eval_metric->SetFixedImageRegion(m_fixed->GetBufferedRegion());
eval_metric->Initialize();

double value = eval_metric->GetValue(
transform->GetParameters() );

Exception caught :
itk::ExceptionObject (0x74c9d0)
Location: "void
itk::BSplineDeformableTransform<TScalarType,
NDimensions, VSplineOrder>::SetParameters(const
typename itk::Transform<TScalarType, NDimensions,
NDimensions>::ParametersType&) [with TScalarType =
double, unsigned int NDimensions = 2u, unsigned int
VSplineOrder = 3u]"
File:
/usr/pubsw/packages/itk/3.0.0/InsightToolkit-3.0.0/Code/Common/itkBSplineDeformableTransform.txx
Line: 266
BSplineDeformableTransform(0x7471f0): Mismatched
between parameters size 5 and region size 0

____________________________________________________________________________________Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware protection.