[Insight-users] Retrieving coordinates from BinaryMask3DMeshSource mesh

Catherine Peloquin cepeloquin at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:48:03 EDT 2007

I am using the BinaryMask3DMeshSource filter example in
Insight/Examples/Filters/SurfaceExtraction.cxx to create an isosurface of a
series of DICOM images.  I need to retrieve the coordinates of the output
mesh's nodes (or the vertices of the triangles formed by the mesh) so I can
then draw the surface in Coin3D.  I realize that I can also draw the surface
in VTK, but I need to integrate the program into an application that uses
Coin.

In a previous post (located at
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2007-May/022211.html) , I
attempted to follow the methods of retrieving coordinates in the PointSet
example in Insight/Examples/DataRepresentation/Mesh/PointSet2.cxx, but could
not find a way to get the mesh points for the points container.

How is it possible to get the x, y, and z coordinates of a mesh generated by
the BinaryMask3DMeshSource filter?

Thank you,
Catherine Peloquin