[Insight-users] tag reading in MATLAB: How to do it with ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat May 19 06:38:24 EDT 2007

Hi Marco,

This is the mailing list of the Insight Toolkit ITK.

      We don't provide support for MATLAB.

You may want to post your question to the Matlab
users group.

--

If you want to read DICOM images using ITK,
please refer to the ITK Software Guide:

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

In particular to Chapter 7: "Reading and Writing Images".
in pdf-pages 294-344.

You will find an example on how to print out DICOM
tags in Section 7.12.5, "Printing DICOM tags from one Slice"
in pdf-page 336.

and in Section 7.12.6, "Printing DICOM tags from a Series"
in pdf-page 340.

The corresponding source code examples are available at

        Insight/Code/IO/
           DicomImageReadPrintTags.cxx
           DicomSeriesReadPrintTags.cxx