[Insight-users] Re: segmentation problems in ITK

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun May 20 09:27:14 EDT 2007

Hi Vijay,

Level Sets are not appropriate for segmenting tubular structures,
with the exception of the CurvesLevelSet Method:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1CurvesLevelSetImageFilter.html

You probably should have tried the Curve3DExtractor application
that is based on the use of the Hessian filter.

     http://www.itk.org/HTML/Curve3DExtraction.htm

You will find this application in

       InsightApplications/
            Curves3DExtractor/