[Insight-users] Changing InputPixelType in an easy way?

Frédéric Stevens frederic.stevens at gmail.com
Thu May 24 08:27:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

I was wondering if you could change the InputPixelType easily ?
I have tried something like :

     int test = 1;    // just to be sure it enters the first if for
InputPixeltype to be defined
     if( test == 1)
    {
        typedef  unsigned char InputPixelType;
        typedef  unsigned char OutputPixelType;
    }
    else
    {
        typedef  short InputPixelType;
        typedef  short OutputPixelType;
    }

typedef itk::Image< InputPixelType,  2 >   InputImageType;
typedef itk::Image< OutputPixelType, 2>   OutputImageType;

But It doesn't work: gives that error " Error    4    error C2065:
'InputPixelType' : undeclared identifier
e:\tmp\Imageimport\binarytest.cxx    62    "
If i put directly one type it works, but if i put an "if", even though I am
sure in goes in, the InputPixelType isn't known. Could you explain me why it
doesn't recognize it ?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,

Frédéric