[Insight-users] Memory usage MeansquareMetric

Lars Nygard lnygard at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 12:55:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

Can anybody explain the following? Im trying to register two quite big MRI images. One is
a MRT1 image (23 MB) and the other is an MRA image (123MB). Ive succesfully managed
to register them using the MattesMutualInformationMetric but when I use the
MeansquareImageMetric if get a failure to allocate memory error. Ive tried this on quite a good
computer(Dell with 1024 RAM).
When I declare the MRA image to be of less slices (in meta file) the registration works.
Does the MeansquareImageMetric use a lot of memory? And why is this the case? Ive tried
other optimizations and transform so Im quite sure it is the metric which cause this error.
Thanks for any thoughts.
Greets,
Lars Nygard