[Insight-users] computing local MI

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Nov 2 11:33:07 EDT 2007

Xabier:

You could use a combination of the methods :

SetFixedImageRegion
SetFixedImageMask
SetMovingImageMask

Mattes (or any metric that derives from itk::ImageToImageMetric) is going to
compute the metric by iterating over those pixels from the fixed image that
satisfy the following criteria:

* Is inside the fixed image region
* Is inside the fixed image mask
* After transformation through the current transform, during registration,
also falls within the moving image mask.

The masks are specified as itk::SpatialObjects, so you could use any generic
spatial object. Note that ImageMaskSpatialObject is one subclass.

The spatial object, you'd be interested in is the itk::BoxSpatialObject.
This enables you to specify fixed and moving image bounds. (Note that
spatial objects, unlike regions are expressed in physical coordinates).

Hope this helps

--
Karthik Krishnan
R&D Engineer,