[Insight-users] Why itk::LBFGSBOptimizer and itk::LBFGSOptimizer are classed as single-variant o

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 7 09:12:32 EST 2007

Luis,

Thanks for pointing out where the 'implementation problem :)' is located. I'll try to extend the optimiser for a multi0variant version.

Since both ITK and VNL implementation are only wrappers, it should be starightforward to implement this. However, since the access to lbfgs is through VNL, it makes sense to implement both wrappers. The complexity starts where we need to extend some part of VNL: assume at some point VNL developers provide a featue like this, in this case (1) our implementation in VNL is redundant, and (2) the ITK wrapper should point to the official implementation. I am not sure what would be the best policy to choose.

PS It would be great if you could provide your opinion about my other post on filters implementing image to (ir)regular grid feature.