[Insight-users] All python tests fail

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Nov 27 15:00:48 EST 2007

Hi all,

I can't get the python wrapping to work on a 32bit Ubuntu 7.10 linux. I
use the ITK 3.4 release and put a cable swig CVS checkout in the
Utilities directory. I have posted my results to the ITK dashboard:

http://www.itk.org/Testing/Sites/mbi056/Linux-c++/20071127-1417-Experimental/Test.html

First kind of error is:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/local/nolden/itk-3.4.0/InsightToolkit-3.4.0/Examples/Filtering/BinaryErodeImageFilter.py",
line 5, in from InsightToolkit import * ImportError: No module named
InsightToolkit

I can fix this by manipulating the python path, but I can't fix the
second kind:

"/local/nolden/itk-3.4.0/InsightToolkit-3.4.0/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/Tests/BinaryErodeImageFilter.py",
line 10, in IType = itk.Image[itk.US, dim] File
"/local/nolden/itk-bin/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/itkLazy.py", line 18, in
__getattribute__ itkBase.LoadModule(module, namespace) File
"/local/nolden/itk-bin/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/itkBase.py", line 77, in
LoadModule LoadModule(dep, namespace) File
"/local/nolden/itk-bin/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/itkBase.py", line 85, in
LoadModule if not swigModuleName in sys.modules: module =
loader.load(swigModuleName) File
"/local/nolden/itk-bin/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/itkBase.py", line 192, in
load return imp.load_module(name, fp, pathname, description) File
"/local/nolden/itk-bin/bin/VXLNumericsPython.py", line 33, in from
vcl_complex import * File "/local/nolden/itk-bin/bin/vcl_complex.py",
line 5, in import _vcl_complex ImportError: No module named _vcl_complex

I also get this kind of error after "make install" and trying to run the
examples.

Can anyone help me with this?

Marco