[Insight-users] How to render separate objects in different colors

Jake Nickel jake.nickel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 01:11:02 EST 2007

Hi All,

I have an Analyze image that is segmented into different objects in the
following manner:  All voxels associated with object 1 are assigned value =
1, voxels associated with object 2 are assigned value = 2, etc.  (Background
voxel values = 0)

I would like to visualize the entire data set and have a single object stand
out by rendering it with a different color than the rest of the objects.
For example, I would like object 1 to be red and objects 2 and up to be
white (black background).

The data set is large enough to where volume rendering performance is very
slow, so I have been surface rendering instead.  I am able to read the image
in using ITK and get the voxel values.  In order to render the surface, I've
used the itkImageToVTKImageFilter to convert the image to VTK.

Is there a special filter that would be good for doing this?  Or does anyone
have any insight as to how I should approach this?

Thanks in advance for any help!
-Jake