[Insight-users] about region growing

tuo zhang zhangtuo123 at yahoo.com.cn
Wed Nov 28 21:59:28 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have a series of CT images and I want to segment
them using region growing. I've read the examples in
ConnectedThresholdImageFilter.cxx, and it only works
on one image. But I want to do it on all the images.
(the algorithm should be regiongrowing on one image
and for each point within the region,use its (x,y) and
do regiongrowing on the next image?)So is there a
method in itk to do this(3d region growing?), or I
have to do it myself?

PS: I'm working on 3d visualization of a human head
using vtk, but there is a board(to support the head)
displayed, I want to take it out and somebody
suggested me to use itk.

Any help or suggestion will be grateful.Thanks!

zhangtuo 07/11/29