[Insight-users] Labeled region center of mass?

Mengchen Zhu acidwind at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:11:05 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I am now trying to extract the regional centers of mass of a labeled image
(output of ConnectedComponentImageFilter and RelabelComponentImageFilter).
Are there any "direct" ways of doing this?

My current plan is to first calculate the bounding boxes of each region
using LabelStatisticsImageFilter; and then either manually compute the CoM,
or "convert" the region inside the bounding box to image, and use
ImageMomentsCalculator to calculate the CoM. I don't know how to do the
conversion exactly for the 2nd method. The 2nd method is favored somehow
because I might need other attributes from ImageMomentsCalculator such as
principal axes.

The context: I am currently working on registration using ICP; the extracted
centers of mass will serve as inputs to the registration process.

Your comments are welcomed. Thanks.

Regards,
MC