[Insight-users] Need help. MRI Bias field correction

tabatabaye tabatabaye tabatabaye at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 18:04:05 EST 2007

Hi:
I'm using the MRIBiasFieldCorrectionFilter.
I input a smoothed image into the filter and set IsBiasFieldMultiplicative
as true, I get the bias corrected smoothed image.
Now I want to use the obained bias field to correct the original unsmoothed
image (image)
How to do that?
I iterately output the bias filed. After that I try to reconsturct the image
as:
correctedImage = exp( log( image + 1 ) - bias ) - 1

However, after I use the above formular to reconstructed the smoothedImage
as

correctedSmoothedImage = exp( log( smoothedimage + 1 ) - bias ) - 1
I find the result unmatch the image directly output by ITK. There're some
pixels with different values.

Thanks.