[Insight-users] All python tests fail

Marco Nolden m.nolden at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Nov 30 07:17:38 EST 2007

Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:

> Le 29 nov. 07 à 20:09, Marco Nolden a écrit :
>
>> Gaëtan Lehmann wrote:

>>> the result is weird: the segfault seems to be in the import of pyexpat.
>>> I've checked on my system (with python 2.4): this module is not loaded
>>> in that test.
>>> Can you locate which python command makes the program segfault?
>>>
>> I will try to find this out tomorrow. Also weird is the reference to
>> "apport.report", which seems to be related to the ubuntu global crash
>> handler Apport (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Apport ) So maybe the stack
>> trace is not  related to the crash itself.

The offending line is

itk.ImageFileReader['unknown parameter']

I started python with "-v" to find out more and the pyexpat loading is
really related to the apport crash handler. If I start python with the
"-S" option, it does not segfault:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/local/nolden/itk-3.4.0/InsightToolkit-3.4.0/Wrapping/WrapITK/Python/Tests/template.py",
line 76, in <module>
    assert repr(reader.GetOutput().GetPointer()) ==
repr(median.GetInput().GetPointer())
  File "/local/nolden/itk-bin-wo-cswig/bin/itkImage.py", line 3000, in
<lambda>
    __getattr__ = lambda self, name: _swig_getattr(self, itkImageUS2, name)
  File "/local/nolden/itk-bin-wo-cswig/bin/itkImage.py", line 21, in
_swig_getattr
    raise AttributeError,name
AttributeError: GetPointer

Also a CVS-Cable Problem?

> If you are NOT using gcc 4.2, you can use the official release:
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/itk/CableSwig-ITK-3.4.0.tar.gz?download
> If you are using gcc 4.2 (or more), well, you have to not use it until
> the problem is fixed in cableswig. Any earlier version of gcc would work.

Sorry, I didn't notice there was a CableSwig release. Googling for
CableSwig sent me to
http://www.itk.org/HTML/CableSwig.html which states that it's only
available via CVS.

I will retry with the 3.4 version. Thanks for all the help.

Marco