[Insight-users] Error using ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator

toluwalase lasaki toluwalase2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 15:11:35 EDT 2007

Hi all,

  I was wondering if anyone might be able to explain to me/help me better understand 2 errors I get while using the ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator. I get 2 errors as follows:

  1.      error C2039: 'SetNumberofTrainingImages' : is not a member of 'itk::ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator<TInputImage,TOutputImage>'
  with
  [
  TInputImage=InputImageType,
  TOutputImage=OutputImageType
  ]

  2.   error C2039: 'SetNumberofPrincipalComponentsrequired' : is not a member of 'itk::ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator<TInputImage,TOutputImage>'
  with
  [
  TInputImage=InputImageType,
  TOutputImage=OutputImageType
  ]

  Here is how I set up the ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator:

  typedef itk::ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator< InputImageType,
                   OutputImageType > EstimatorType;
             EstimatorType::Pointer shapeestimator = EstimatorType::New();
             shapeestimator->SetNumberofTrainingImages(6);
             shapeestimator->SetNumberofPrincipalComponentsrequired(6);

  It states in the deoxygen documentation for the ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator that 'SetNumberofTrainingImages' and 'SetNumberofPrincipalComponentsrequired' are public member functions: http://www.itk.org/Doxygen32/html/classitk_1_1ImagePCAShapeModelEstimator.html

  Can someone please explain what might be wrong. I'm fairly new to itk and I'm not that good at coding in c++. I think might be misunderstanding or over looking something.

  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

  Tomi L.