[Insight-users] How to convert a series of DICOM images to a raw + mha volume file?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Oct 31 08:57:10 EDT 2007

Hi luzhentai

The MetaImage files with extension ".mha" contain *both* the
text header and the raw binary data in a single file.

If you want to get them as separate files you must use the
extension ".mhd" (note the "d" instead of the "a") in the
filename of the output image.

Use a command like the following:

    DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.exe    C:/image     test.mhd

That should product as output the following two files:

              test.mhd
              test.raw