[Insight-users] weighted Gaussian mixtures

Daniel Mace dlm19 at duke.edu
Mon Sep 3 14:43:15 EDT 2007

Michel,

Have you tried SetWeights() on the GuassianMixtureModelComponent class?
A quick pass on the code looks like it sets a prior for the class labels.

If that doesn't work, then the easiest solution would be just to
replicate the data for that particular class (create 2,3 times the data
points that are just replicates of the original data).  That *should*
also help re-weight that class.

However, neither of those really seem to address the large variance of
the class.  Have you tried plotting the histogram for the values of that
class?  It may be just that you don't have many data points and the
training of the model is getting skewed by a few outliers.  It could
also be that your model choice specification is not appropriate for that
particular class.

Cheers,
Dan