[Insight-users] distances in x-y-z independently

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Sep 3 18:20:01 EDT 2007

Hi Xabier,

Nope,
there is currently no filter that performs such operation.

        ...Your description was a bit confusing...

You say that you want to take a pixel P and look at all the pixels
with the same X and return the minimum distance in that dimension.

However, the set of pixels with same X coordinate as a given pixel P
is actually a *plane*, not a line.

I would assume that what you meant was to say that given a pixel P
you want to find how far you have to walk along direction X in order
to find the closest pixel.

            Is that what you had in mind ?

In principle you will be able to do this using
the ImageLinearIteratorWithIndex.

You may find useful to read the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular the Chapter on Image Iterators.