[Insight-users] Offset CenteredTransformInitializer

Lars Nygard lnygard at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 19:05:52 EDT 2007

Hi Luis,

Thanks for your answers, really appreciate it. The reason I asked
about setting the center is that it had quite an effect in registration
problems which i made myself. An MRT1 image and an MRA image,
and quite a big rotation (10 mm, 10 degrees).
So based on this I figured that setting the centre is important in a real
registration problem (however here you don't know the true center).
My problem is the registration of pre-operative MRI images (T1, T1 contrast,
T2, MRA, FLAIR and DTI). The images are taken in the same session so the
registration shift is really small (maybe max. a few milimeter)
My supervisor always uses (0,0,0) as center, this being the center
of the MRI field (most homogeneous). Ive tried this and it works good but Im
trying to find out if choosing a different center gives better results.
regards,
Lars Nygard