[Insight-users] transform two .mhd files in one?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 6 08:24:18 EDT 2007

Hi Anne-Laure,

You could use the OrImageFilter.
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1OrImageFilter.html

Note that the fact that the segmentations are stored in MetaImages
(files with .mhd extension) is irrelevant here.

You simply need two readers (on for each file), and to connect the
output of both readers as inputs to the OrImageFilter, then pass the
output of the OrImageFilter to a writer.

Note that in this case, you get a single mask, where pixels ON are
skin OR rib.  If you wanted to keep that distinction between skin
and ribs, but stored in a single file, what you may want to do is
to use an image of labels.

Please clarify what is your purpose,