[Insight-users] itkwrap and functors

Gaëtan Lehmann gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr
Mon Sep 10 11:19:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

Le 10 sept. 07 à 16:43, Ali - a écrit :

> > Le 8 sept. 07 à 01:22, Ali - a écrit :
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Are functors wrapped in wrapitk? I am not able to locate them.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Which functors do you need ?
>
> I understand there is a watershed example included in wrapitk, but
> let's say the functor used in the c++ version of the watershed
> example.

Most of the functors in ITK are used in a superclass of the Unary/
Binary/TernaryFunctorImageFilter, and their API is delegated to the
filter. Most of the time, there is no need to wrap the functor
itself. That's nice, because there is no need to wrap a class with a
difficult template parameter... excepted for this one, which is not
used in a filter.

Several options:
- If you really want to use it, you can create the missing
ScalarToRGBPixelImageFilter class and to wrap it with a external
project (and contribute it to the insight journal),
- You may find easier to use the filters from the labelOverlay
contribution (wrapped in ITK 3.2): http://insight-journal.org/dspace/
handle/1926/172 .

In any case, unless someone provide a good reason to wrap it that I
may have missed, itk::Functor::ScalarToRGBPixelFunctor is not likely
to be wrapped in the future :-)

Please let us know if you need some other functors - they may not be
in such a specific case.

Regards,

Gaëtan

--