[Insight-users] Convertin MINC to RAW

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Sep 11 18:54:26 EDT 2007

Hi Lars,

You may want to experiment with the MINCImageIO class that
was contributed to ITK.

You will need an updated CVS checkout,
and you will have to turned ON the following two CMake options:

         ITK_USE_REVIEW
         ITK_USE_MINC2

You will also need to have builds of

         hdf5
         MINC2
         NetCDF

Once you manage to build it, you could simply read the minc file,
and write it as a MetaImage with extension .mhd. That will create
two files on output. One file with extension .mhd will contain a
text header, while a second file with extension .raw will contain
the raw data.

Please let us know if you find any problems building
the MINC support.