[Insight-users] Registration Problems Switch fixed moving images

Lars Nygard lnygard at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 04:12:35 EDT 2007

Hi thanks for your mail,

As said Ive tried to use mincextract but the results arent what I
expected. I try to convert the ICBM AVG 152 Atlas. Here is info:

C:\Program Files\MNI\MINC\bin>mincinfo icbm_avg_152_t2_tal_lin.mnc
file: icbm_avg_152_t2_tal_lin.mnc
image: signed__ short 0 to 4095
image dimensions: zspace yspace xspace
    dimension name         length         step        start
    --------------         ------         ----        -----
    zspace                    181            1          -72
    yspace                    217            1         -126
    xspace                    181            1          -90

Then I try:
C:\Program Files\MNI\MINC\bin>minctoraw -short -signed -nonormalize icbm_avg_152_t2_tal_lin.mnc > ic
bm_t2.raw

And view the image with meta file:
NDims = 3
DimSize = 181 217 181
ElementType = MET_SHORT
ElementSpacing = 1 1 1
Offset = -90 -126 -72
ElementByteOrderMSB = False
ElementDataFile = icbm_t2.raw

The results look like the image is repeating and I think the range isn't correct.
Any idea whats going on?