[Insight-users] level set stopping criteria

Luca Antiga luca.antiga at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 05:40:44 EDT 2007

Hi Burak,
  level set segmentation in ITK uses the sparse field formulation,
in which the only front that's actually tracked (the active layer) is
the one around
the zero level set. If you look at the
itk::SparseFieldLevelSetImageFilter class, you'll
see that the rms change is only computed from the changes in the
active layer.
Therefore, once your zero front stops, the RMS will drop.
Regards

Luca

--
Luca Antiga, PhD
Head, Medical Imaging Unit,
email: antiga at marionegri.it
web: http://villacamozzi.marionegri.it/~luca
mail: Villa Camozzi, 24020, Ranica (BG), Italy
phone: +39 035 4535-381