[Insight-users] Re: lsm reader fails for 2 channels v: GPL License & Contributions to ITK

Dan White white at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Sep 21 06:07:23 EDT 2007

Dear All,

(Pasi and Kalle read below)

regarding BioImageXD vtk kit vtkLSMReader

We have an issue here with our use of the GPL license
preventing the very useful and much laboured on LSM reader code
being reused in projects with different licenses such as
BSD and also VTK / ITK style licenses.

Of course we want as many people to make use of our work as possible,
but still somehow keep the legal situation good.

So the question is what to do.
There are some suggestions below from Luis and Alex.

I expect asking our lawyers at UTU will lead to the usual guarded
response
or do we now know one who is in tough with open source issues...
you would think in the country that gave us Linus T
we would be able to find a university lawer who can actually help us
with this stuff.

Anyway, Pasi and Kalle, your opinions much needed here...
Especially since Kalle and Heikki U actually wrote the thing.

Dan

dan at chalkie.org.uk
( white at mpi-cbg.de )