[Insight-users] Re: lsm reader fails for 2 channels v: GPL License & Contributions to ITK

Kalle Pahajoki kalle.pahajoki at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 14:36:23 EDT 2007

Hi Luis,

We've given a lot of thought into these issues when going forward with the
open source project, and your posts give a very clear and succinct list of
points to consider as far as the licensing goes. We can with some certainty
say that there are no legal troubles with re-licensing the code.

The code is not a work for hire, but developed as a student project (which
in Finland are not the property of the university) and it utilizes no third
party GPL licensed code. We will still discuss the issue with the university
lawyers, just to cover all bases, but we are fairly confident that the code
can (and will) be put under a BSD like license in the near future.

We'll get back to you once we've double checked that there are no issues
with the code.

Kalle Pahajoki