[Insight-users] Resampling and MutualInformation

Lars Nygard lnygard at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 22 17:50:35 EDT 2007

Luis,

Thanks for your suggestions, I changed my interpolators and
stopped to resample the fixed image and now my metric values I
get with the registration problems are close to the values I get when
registering them direct.
There's one thing though... I have five mri image (t1, t2, flair, dti and a
mr angiography). Ive created some problem by translating and roting
the images(10 degree and 10 milimeter) and I register them all to the t1 image.
All registration are good however when I rotate 10 degrees around x-axis and
translate -10mm along z-axis I get an additional y-translation (about 3mm every
time) and the z-tranlation is 9.4 (where it should be 10)
So I register t2, flair, dti and mra with rotation 10 degree around x-axis and 10mm
along minus z-axis and in all cases I get the same error in y-translation.
The image matrix are 256x256x180, 1mm spacing.
I first thought that it might be another representation of the same transformation but
my error indicates different (it's about 3mm, where it's 1mm in all other problems)
If you have any idea about what's causing this Id be very curious. I was thinking it
might have anything with the resampling to do. Other than that Im in the dark.
thanks for any ideas,
lars