[Insight-users] Problem with lossless JPEG compression in GDCMImageIO

Pechin Lo pechin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:44:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've been using ITK to load and write DICOM files for quite sometime and is
quite happy with it. Recently however I try to write volumetric DICOM files
using JPEG format, and for some reason I found out that the original
information and the saved information is not the same. For some strange
reason, random voxels/pixels in the saved image have +1 in intensity ( the
rest are the same as the original image).

There doesn't seem to be any problem with my code, as when I switch the
compression to JPEG2000, the whole thing works just fine, that is the
difference between original image and the saved image is 0.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong here?

Thanks.

Pechin